2018 British Fast5 All Stars

Home Forum United Kingdom 2018 British Fast5 All Stars

This topic contains 107 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  TACTIXSUPPORTER Oct 16, 2018 at 3:11 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Jinxibo

Okay.

Perhaps Dunn should have been Jo Harten’s injury replacement.

Ian

SLW87

ON a separate note, I was just researching back in to see if Toni Anderson was offered another contract to return to the VNSL next season when I realised that two teams from the VNSL don’t compete in this competition, is there a public reason as to why? I know Pulse are replacing one team but what about the Dragons, sorry by the way for my ignorance, I haven’t been following UK netball recently

Note for Ian: Their twitter just posted a proposal that happened at the stadium, could you somehow put that on here, thanks.

Not sure why but it’s only 8 teams. Last year it was just the 8 English teams with Scotland & Wales missing out. This time, the Dragons miss out again but it was probably too soon for the new team London Pulse, so the Sirens take their place.

You have to finish within the top 8 at the end of the superleague season to qualify for this tournament. Extra incentive for those teams at the bottom of the ladder and out of play off zone!

Ian

Yes, that’s right. But Sirens finished in the top 8 last year and weren’t there. That’s what confused me. I’ve since found out they were invited last year but turned it down.

CharlesWB

Sharni Layton entered wearing Roses dress, stayed true to her promise

Did I miss something? What did she promise?

She did an interview with the UK at Comm Games final time and said she was so confident of Australia winning, if England won, she’d wear an England netball dress.

I don’t know, it didn’t seem to look like a proper England uniform to me. I mean, it was red and had an England emblem on it, but it had a couple of white stripes down the sides. I can’t really recall England playing in it???

Saw someone on Twitter or Instagram claim it as a Welsh dress? (dunno if they were joking or not)

Ian

Yeah, didn’t look like a regular Eng dress. At least not a recent or current one.

Bluebird

She’s lucky it wasnt a red version of the Mavericks kit lol.

Great tournament but I think Wasps coach comment about winning without imports was unnecessary.

TheBroadbean

Yes I heard and thought it was a bit of a snide comment. How good would they have been if Rachel Dunn wasn’t playing?

I reckon Wasps Superleague side will maybe need imports at some point especially in the shooting end. What will they do when Rachel Dunn isn’t there? She’s 36 and won’t play forever. Can Katie Harris and Tamsin Moala win games? I don’t think so.

They don’t really have a shooting contingency plan.

Ash72

Okay.

Perhaps Dunn should have been Jo Harten’s injury replacement.

Hahaha yes I was thinking the same?

I actually really enjoyed watching this ( :redface: ) There were so many exciting performances:

Beryl (?) Friday WOW!

Ellie Kelk what a prospect!

Ash Brazil loved seeing her play at GD

Tamsin Moala finally showing what an amazing player she is; I can only put this down to her new Wasps environment because she never looked as confident or accomplished at Northumbria!

Rhea Dixon was fab and had a great partnership with Burger

Sharni Layton great to see her in a relaxed manner obviously really enjoyed playing

Cat Latu (sorry Tuavaiti? ) looked a bit shaky but rallied by the end and can’t wait to see her in Superleague

Loved that the 2 teams in the final were comprised of their actual squads for next season: showed that superleague may actually be exciting this time around!

Overall it was brilliant ?

Goalkeepersarekeepers

Yeah, didn’t look like a regular Eng dress. At least not a recent or current one.

I’m pretty sure it was just a standard Gilbert red netball dress with a couple of England badges sewn on and the tournament host’s logo on the front. Can’t believe nobody at England Netball couldn’t have arranged an official dress for her.

Bluebird

They should have given her an official one with her name on the back. Would have been a great sporting gesture.

Ash72

I’m pretty sure it was just a standard Gilbert red netball dress with a couple of England badges sewn on and the tournament host’s logo on the front. Can’t believe nobody at England Netball couldn’t have arranged an official dress for her.

You obviously aren’t familiar with the shambles that is England Netball….

hiphop

Did Abernathy get some court time?

Pardalote

Ha

Goalkeepersarekeepers

Ha ha! Sadly, I’m very aware…

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 108 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.