2018 – COMMONWEALTH GAMES DAY 11 (Apr 15) Gold medal game: Aust v Eng

Home Forum International 2018 – COMMONWEALTH GAMES DAY 11 (Apr 15) Gold medal game: Aust v Eng

This topic contains 331 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  mcleod Apr 21, 2019 at 6:21 am.

Viewing 2 posts - 331 through 332 (of 332 total)
  • Author
    Bluebird

It’s quite funny reading this whole thread a year on from the game.

So much talking about Ravs errors etc, but I think the basic problem was that Australia just wasn’t tested until that GF and I think the predictions of an Aussie win by 20 odd goals show that many expected it to be like their pool matches and that turned out to be a huge mistake.

100k girls/women have taken up playing netball in the UK since that win, but the national side getting recognition in the press has been a huge turning point.  Puts the pressure on for Liverpool and this WC could be won by anyone. Its exciting for world netball.

mcleod

It’s quite funny reading this whole thread a year on from the game.

So much talking about Ravs errors etc, but I think the basic problem was that Australia just wasn’t tested until that GF and I think the predictions of an Aussie win by 20 odd goals show that many expected it to be like their pool matches and that turned out to be a huge mistake.

100k girls/women have taken up playing netball in the UK since that win, but the national side getting recognition in the press has been a huge turning point. Puts the pressure on for Liverpool and this WC could be won by anyone. Its exciting for world netball.

Agree the inept performance of the Silver Ferns in the semi final, was of no help to Aus at all, that and the injury hit South African side that they played in the group stage.

July’s World Cup will be the most interesting one ever.  The current world rankings have number 2,3,5 all in the same group.  NZ v Malawi and England v Uganda are games on the 1st day.  Not easy for both teams.

Viewing 2 posts - 331 through 332 (of 332 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.