2018 – COMMONWEALTH GAMES DAY 11 (Apr 15) Gold medal game: Aust v Eng

Home Forum International 2018 – COMMONWEALTH GAMES DAY 11 (Apr 15) Gold medal game: Aust v Eng

This topic contains 331 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  mcleod Apr 21, 2019 at 6:21 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 332 total)
  • Author
    xpert11

Does anyone know if there is a legal way to view a replay of the final? TVNZ didn’t secure the rights to upload the final online because the CWG were finishing.

JR

The full game is on this link – https://7commgames.com.au/highlights/by-sport/NET/5770636291001

I don’t think you can watch it in NZ. But do check.

I can’t help any more as I am watching it on my laptop not my TV. I put shows from my TV onto DVDs quite often, but I can’t help you with this one. Perhaps someone is watching it on their ipad or phone and putting it over onto their TV using an Apple TV thingamabob. Hope someone else can help as it’s quite amazing all the way through.

minkie

Does anyone know if there is a legal way to view a replay of the final? TVNZ didn’t secure the rights to upload the final online because the CWG were finishing.

Would it be on YouTube?

xpert11

Minkie, I haven’t found the game isn’t on You Tube. JR, thanks for the link, but the content is only available to Australian viewers. I couldn’t that TVNZ was this dumb until no replay was available on their website.

minkie

Assumed NZlanders would be able to watch GF

Fluffy

Haha, yes glad it was just a cameo. Probably just to give Housby a breather but still…..

Visions of 2014 came crashing back!

Here’s hoping it was only a cameo – and now that Ella Clark is back in the fold, hopefully no  more of them either!

WHAT A GAME!  Still can’t quite believe how immense the entire England team was, and in particular Geva.  Is there no end to what she can do?  Her footwork to get round C Bass was incredible…keep watching it on repeat.  Still can’t quite believe Lisa Alexander’s comments about having imports in the Aus league – surely they drive up the standard for all?  Either way, England deserved the win, and Tracey Neville was vindicated for all her work to mould such a strong, cohesive team.

JR

WHAT A GAME! Still can’t quite believe how immense the entire England team was, and in particular Geva. Is there no end to what she can do? Her footwork to get round C Bass was incredible…keep watching it on repeat. Still can’t quite believe Lisa Alexander’s comments about having imports in the Aus league – surely they drive up the standard for all? Either way, England deserved the win, and Tracey Neville was vindicated for all her work to mould such a strong, cohesive team.

What a fantastic post.

Jinxibo

The video doesn’t work for me but it’s an interesting read…

England stun Australia at the death to grab dramatic Commonwealth Games netball gold

This was never supposed to happen. Whichever way you looked at it, England were just not meant to win.

Full story

minkie

Sour grapes : we all knew here it was going to be Diamonds England or Jamaica  : hope England organizes a big welcoming homecoming especially at the airport

triton

Here’s a thread from two years ago that I think is worth taking another look at:
    England Netball 2019 World Cup target is unrealistic – Tracey Neville
    https://www.netballscoop.com/old/forums/topic/england-netall-2019-world-cup-target-is-unrealistic-tracey-neville/index.html

JR

Thanks for posting that triton. Interesting debate about imports and their impact on the progression of young locals.

Maryann

Assumed NZlanders would be able to watch GF

We did :)

minkie

Ok lol

madforit

Sour grapes : we all knew here it was going to be Diamonds England or Jamaica : hope England organizes a big welcoming homecoming especially at the airport

For all 6 of them  :lol:

The rest are in Aus or NZ in Ama’s case.

Danny

I’ve watched the last few seconds 10 times and I’m not sure what that obstruction call was for. Like a rabbit in the headlights, Bruce just watched Housby catch Harten’s air ball and shoot it without any contest. She was bouncing on her feet, looking away from Housby, and not paying any attention to where she was landing. But the call seemed late if that’s what it was.

At the very last instance I think she jabbed her arm out towards HH then thought better of it and quickly drew her arm back?

I watched it several times too, correct call, she did she raised her arm then quickly retracted it, sometimes just a natural reaction she realised it after.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 332 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.