2018 – COMMONWEALTH GAMES DAY 11 (Apr 15) Gold medal game: Aust v Eng

Home Forum International 2018 – COMMONWEALTH GAMES DAY 11 (Apr 15) Gold medal game: Aust v Eng

This topic contains 331 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  mcleod Apr 21, 2019 at 6:21 am.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 332 total)
  • Author
    Ian

1pm – GOLD MEDAL GAME: AUSTRALIA v ENGLAND

Australia
    Caitlin Bassett (Captain)
    April Brandley
    Courtney Bruce
    Laura Geitz
    Susan Pettitt
    Kim Ravaillion
    Madi Robinson
    Gabi Simpson
    Caitlin Thwaites
    Liz Watson
    Jo Weston
    Steph Wood
    Coach: Lisa Alexander

England
    Ama Agbeze (Captain)
    Eboni Beckford-Chambers
    Jade Clarke
    Beth Cobden
    Kadeen Corbin
    Jodie Gibson
    Serena Guthrie
    Jo Harten
    Natalie Haythornthwaite
    Helen Housby
    Geva Mentor
    Chelsea Pitman
    Coach: Tracey Neville

Ian

Ian

She didn’t say all that much. But really, the title is a bit misleading. If she had any secret “plans” to win, she wouldn’t be outlining them in an article and in any case, surely they don’t need any brilliant plan, they just have to keep playing as they have been.

TACTIXSUPPORTER

Diamonds by 15.
    Geitz Bruce Weston will destroy that circle!

triton

We’re going to be stuck with Bredin aren’t we.

mcleod

I have a feeling with all the emotion of winning yesterday, that England have already played their final.

This could be a big, very big win to Australia.  I would love England to win, but don’t think they will get within 15.

Maryann

Australia by 20 – 25.  They’ll be out to prove the same type of domination over England as they have over Jamaica and NZ.

Harten would have to be firing better than she has in the two games I have watched so if the D shuts down Housby they’ll romp in.

Jinxibo

Why England reaching the Commonwealth Games netball final is a game-changing moment

When England star Geva Mentor heads to her local supermarket on Australia’s Sunshine Coast, where she plays her club netball, people know who she is. It is a recognition befitting of her status as the best goal keeper, and one of the best players in any position, on the planet.

But when she returns to Bournemouth, where she was born and spent the first 20 years of her life, she slips back into anonymity.

Full Story

Kat

a convincing win to Australia today.  Another 20 goal I think.

netballmad

We’re going to be stuck with Bredin aren’t we.

Mmmm, probably so. It’ll be the all about Jono show.   :beg: please umpire selection god don’t pick Jono.

netballmum

Not many other choices given top 5-6 at the tournament are Aus or Eng

Bronze match is Marc, Michelle & Josh (again). Congratulations to all 3

netballmum

Jamaica same line up as yesterday

NZ starting Mes & Francois (with Sinclair @ WD)

netballmum

Jamaica win the toss

GoSwifts

I like Jono’s umpiring when he isn’t umpiring NZ, he umpires more like an Aussie umpire than any other umpire.  That makes him good in my books :biggrin:

Turningpoint

What a chance to witness a small slice of history. Congratulations to those who will be at the venue.

Just forecasting the full treat of ads from Channel 7. However, I’ll take Coxy and the TV access – with open arms.

I like that little grab from Jinxibo re Geva. I’ll read the full story after I post. On the Sunshine Coast. They know that whilst our defenders threaten their circle, Geva (in collaboration) is doing the same down the other end.

I think Australia will win. I can’t predict Umpiring. I’ve seen the best of Umpires miss a good game. Sometime they may as well take the shot after a decision. You know what I mean? I can’t predict the 1 percenters or the 100 percenters. Who reacts best under pressure. I definitely won’t be predicting anything more than a win by somewhere from 1-5. It would be nice to have a healthy lead and watch the last quarter with a normal heart rate though.  :fie: :focus: :cool2:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 332 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.