2002 – COMMONWEALTH GAMES (Manchester)

Home Forum Statistics Archive 2002 – COMMONWEALTH GAMES (Manchester)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TB Mar 27, 2018 at 7:12 pm.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    TB

Going through all the shooting stats – just noticed that Jamaica used the same two shooters for all their games, Forbes & Davis (bar one – Wolfe played against Fiji, scored 8).

mcleod

Never saw the final, as was somewhere other than in NZ at the time, but didn’t know Irene shot so poor, it was about then she started copping some flak from ex players, but not the public.  I seemed to make the ferns a better team, as they were  pretty impressive  fron 2003-2010.

TB

Never saw the final, as was somewhere other than in NZ at the time, but didn’t know Irene shot so poor, it was about then she started copping some flak from ex players, but not the public. I seemed to make the ferns a better team, as they were pretty impressive fron 2003-2010.

I remember they had changed up her style of play. They had her moving a lot more – from memory, this was the beginning of her going from a stationary shooter, to a more mobile moving one.

This helped her game over the years. But what I found interesting, in this game, was Loffhagen was doing more the holding and IVD was the one moving around her. Im sure this played a factor into why she missed quite a lot, adding the pressure of the game.

I think after this game, she has said that she doesnt look at the score board anymore – cause she gets rattled by it.

It mentions in one of the articles posted, Anna Rowberry giving a lob pass into Donna, which went over head. I remember that sooo clearly – I was yelling at Loffhagen, cause all she had to do was go up strong and pull it in. Instead she was too busy battling away with KHW, trying to draw a contact.

In my head, it was that play, that would have sealed it for us.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.